Analyzing My Chill Mix On Spotify (2)

This will be the second post that I have made that features me analyzing my “Chill Mix” from Spotify, this is convenient because it is what I am listening to anyways, so as I go, I will just add on to it. 

White Linen - mansionz, CyHi: This is another song that I have a deep love for before, if you do not know mansionz or this album, it is blackbear and Mike Posner’s album that they did together and every song is incredible. 

Nights - Frank Ocean: Frank Ocean has always been one of my favorite artists, he was also one of the first artists that I truly began to listen to, not just because they were mainstream, but because I liked him.

Patty - JAWNY: JAWNY is an artist that I find to be very underrated, this song especially, during 2023, I do predict a big jump in his career pushing him to be more mainstream, but I do not believe this will make him change.

Ginseng Strip 2002 - Yung Lean: Any song by Yung Lean does make me a little sad because he was an artist that my ex loved and adored, but Yung Lean is very talented and I find him to be underrated. 

Bad Memories - Acoustic - MEDUZA, James Carter, Elley Duhé, FAST BOY: This is not the first and will certainly not be the last article that I write about my love for this song. MEDUZA delivered this song. 

Martin & Gina - Ayofvr, Jaden: Similarly to Bad Memories, this will not be the first and certainly not the last time that I write about this song. Especially because Jaden is on it, I love this song so much. 

Sweet Life - Frank Ocean: The channel ORANGE album, I believe to be one of the best albums ever made. This album shows how truly talented Frank is, and this song I find this to be underrated it. 

Snooze - SZA: Although I did listen to SZA’s entire album, I did not remember this song when I first heard it, but after listening to it again I did become more familiar with the track, she is so talented. 

Crew - GoldLink, Brent Faiyaz, Shy Glizzy: This will always be one of my favorite songs ever made, I am the biggest Shy Glizzy fan, but I find it weird that this is considered to be a “chill” song.

Chill Bill - Rob $tone, J. DAvi$, J Spooks: This song is a certified classic in my opinion, if you were in high school when this came out like I was, you would understand how important this song was to the culture at the time.

Language - Paperboy Fabe, Brent Faiyaz: This song I was not introduced to this until recently, but I have listened to it all time since it came out, I have also written about this song a lot.

Novocaine - Frank Ocean: This is a classic when someone considers Frank Ocean’s music, and that should not be a shock to anyone, this song truly does showcase the talent of Frank and his diversity within his genre.

Comments