SwaVay

  

Spotify recently presented to me an artist I had never heard of before. On a “similar playlist”, 2am by SwaVay came on. I liked the song and since I had never listened to him before I decided to deep dive into his music today!

I started by listening to 2am because that is how I like to start when I dive into the artist, I start with the song I know then put their music on shuffle til I find a song that I like. I give this song a 10, it is an absolute banger.  The next song that came on was 4+5, this is off his new album and although this song is a completely different vibe than 2am, I enjoyed this song. For this song, I would rate it an 8 out of 10. 

The next song that came on was Tomorrow by SwaVay which is one of his older songs. I liked this song too because it gave me Denzel Curry vibes and I love Denzel. I would also rate this song a 9 out of 10.  After Tomorrow, QuickTrip played, this vibe is also incredibly different from the other three that I have listened to. I appreciate an artist that is diverse within their work which so far means that I am enjoying SwaVay, I rate this song a 9 as well.

One, Two Step was the next song that came on this shuffle, this one had a similar vibe to 2am. It is also on the same album so I like that albums with similar vibes correlate with the songs. I would give this song a 7.  Don’t Look Back came on and I liked the vibe of this song as well, it has a Lil Peep vibe with the beat but the song was Old Machine Gun Kelly, which in my opinion, is a sick mix. I would have to give this song a 9.

Gangsta Featuring Cdz was the song that came after Don’t Look Back. I also didn’t know Cdz, but after this song, I want to get to know his music better because I like this song. I would rate this a 10. Loyal also did not miss in my opinion. As an artist, he has a lot of different vibes within his music but each of his albums correlates in the same way, so that makes his discography cool, I give this a 10. Crazy by SwaVay was the next track to play, and it was a completely different vibe from everything else that I had listened to so far but I liked it. I can not work through how one artist can be so diverse. This is an 8 out of 10.

My overall rating of SwaVay is perfectly an 8, to be honest, that is incredible, I liked 2am but I did not realize I would truly enjoy his discography as much as I did. I am adding him to my top list of artists.


Comments