Frank Ocean

  Frank Ocean has always been one of my favorite artists and I decided to do a deep dive into him today. It has been a while since I have done a deep dive on an artist and he seemed like the perfect one to do to get back into the groove.

The first song I listened to was “Novacane”. This has always been one of my favorite Frank Ocean songs, and I am glad TikTok made it even more popular. My rating for this song has to be a 10, it is just that good. 

The next song that came on was “Seigfried” and I was ready to cry. I do believe channel ORANGE is a better album, but the feeling that Blonde gives me is like no other, and this song is one example. This is another 10. 

“Sweet Life” was the next song to play, I do not think I have listened to this song in 5 years so hearing it again made me feel incredibly nostalgic, it is such a great song. Yet another 10 out of Frank. 

An Andre 3000 feature I wholeheartedly believe makes any song better, so when “Pink Matter” played, I was so happy. This is one of my favorite Frank Ocean songs, and I love Andre 3000, this is an easy 10. 

The fifth song that played was “Super Rich Kids” and I was reminded of why channel ORANGE is truly Frank’s best album, and Earl Sweatshirt is so talented as well, making this better. Another 10.

“Nights” was next, and this is one of the few songs on Blonde that doesn’t make me cry, so usually I skip it, but after listening to it, I remembered how talented Frank is. This has to be a 10 without a doubt. 

“Crack Rock” was another song I hadn’t listened to in a long time but was glad to hear it again. As I do this, I am reminded of how truly talented Frank Ocean is, and that he does not miss. Another 10 for Frank. 

The eighth song that played was “Pyramids”. The time I heard this on molly in a bar changed my life to a point of no return which is why, no shock here, this song has to be a 10 as well. 

“In My Room”, for me, is another classic by Frank. When TikTok blew it up, I also enjoyed that because that means the artist makes money, maybe Frank will get back to releasing if we keep streaming him enough, but another 10. 

“White Ferrari” was what I ended this deep dive on, and now I am sobbing real-life tears at 11:30 pm on a Thursday and have the text written to my favorite ex, thanks Frank, still a 10 without a doubt though. 

A perfect rating for Frank Ocean, a 10. This does not shock me at all, he will always be one of my favorite artists but I am mad at him for not releasing music, it's not fair. But, hopes up for something in 2023.


Comments