Bryan Kohberger Update

  Bryan Kohberger is who murdered the four University of Idaho students on November 13th. Since he was put into custody, several questions have been answered that the public had. Although not everything is public yet, and a lot of it is being held under wraps to protect the case, more information is being released regularly. 

One of the biggest questions asked was who truly was the intended target, as confirmed by Kaylee’s father, it has been presumed that it was her. The question is why would it be her, we know that everything is being kept on lock right now, but, is there a past involving them? After hearing how he crept on girls at bars, I begin to wonder if she was a girl that he attempted to pursue and failed. 

For a while, it is known that Kaylee said she had a stalker, is Bryan the person? I think it is safe to say the answer to this question is yes, but the thing I struggle with the most when it comes to this case is the “Why?”. I understand that is common in every case, but this one is just so hard, he was someone that no TikTok true crime girly could have ever predicted, I want to know why he was so fascinated by Kaylee.

The biggest question that has been asked since it became public was what was Bryan’s motive. I think there are two to consider. One, I think he wanted to see if he could translate everything he had learned into real life and get away with it, he could not, the Reddit thread also supports this theory. But, I also believe she was a girl at a bar who did not want him, and he took it personally. I believe it would have been someone he had pursued, but I do not know why he chose her. 

Why did Bryan not kill the other two roommates, especially even if he walked right past one? Now, my theory could be way off so I do not want anyone saying that my opinion is correct, but I think he targeted Kaylee but went into Xana’s room, where her boyfriend also was,  at first and realized he messed that up when it was too late, and I don’t think he expected Madison to be in Kaylee’s room either, so she had to kill them both. I believe when he passed D.M. he was in such a state of shock after committing a quadruple murder, he knew he had to get out and didn’t even acknowledge passing her. 

Assuming Bryan Kohberger was the one that said “it's okay; I’m going to help you” what did he mean by this? Did he have a creepy intent? This is one of the biggest questions I have after my question of a clear motive, but I want to know what he meant by that, part of me wonders if he realized it was Xana rather than Kaylee too late so he found it better off to kill her rather than let her bleed out. 

Why would he wear Vans? A shoe with one of the most recognizable soles. Vans soles are so recognizable, I guess you could assume that the shoe was so common anyone would have it, but for being a good student in the criminology field, the work that he did when it came to real life proves just the opposite. The evidence of this shoe print was one of the most detrimental pieces of evidence that set him up for failure. 

The parents of Kaylee Goncalves have called for the death penalty in this case. I have never really supported the death penalty, but I found the points made by her mother interesting, she will never get to visit or call Kaylee again, so why should his family get that luxury? I found it an interesting perspective and it made me begin to change my opinion on the death penalty. There is no guarantee this is what he will receive, but it is on the table. 

One of the most important aspects that have come about is that the judge of this case granted the defense’s request to preserve the crime scene until at least the first of February. For the defense to have this request I find it interesting. So far in the house, all there has been evidence that would hurt their case, so for them to be the ones requesting to preserve the crime scene is shocking to me. 

Another question that has come about is, why did the roommate wait eight hours to call 911? She heard and saw Bryan, so why wait? Part of me wonders if she was so in shock, she was almost in a state of delusion. This is another question I believe will be answered when this case is taken to trial by D.M. herself, but it is an interesting fact in this case to consider. But, I do believe she was in such a state of shock when she saw him, she did not know what to do.

In the Fall of 2022, Bryan Kohberger applied for an internship at the local police department. This is a bold move for someone who had the intent to kill someone. Yes, in the sense that finding an internship to help your resume during your studies makes sense, but if he had been stalking this house since August and had a Reddit thread about committing a crime posted, he had likely applied for this internship knowing sooner or later he would kill someone, more specifically Kaylee Goncalves.

This case is advancing regularly and I will continue to report on it until he is locked up for life or receives the death penalty. I would also like to formally apologize to the police for doubting them when they were handling this in the best way possible.


Comments