2022 AMAs

I understand that all award shows are so rigged. But, this is my opinion on whether or not each person deserves what they received.

Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift, hell no, tired of her winning everything when all of her music sounds the same, any other artist nominated for this award should have received it over her and I stand by that. 

New Artist of the Year: Dove Cameron, I am not completely mad with this, but I would have Latto received this award over here. Also, it isn’t like Dove Cameron wasn’t relevant before her music career. 

Collaboration of the Year: “Cold Heart - PNAU Remix” - Elton John and Dua Lipa, This one doesn’t upset me really because I like Elton John but I just can’t stand Dua Lipa so that bias throws me off. 

Favorite Touring Artist: Coldplay, I honestly have no clue how Coldplay won over Bad Bunny, but I guess I am happy for them, low-key some cold play songs can get me kind of lit but I don’t think they did numbers as Bad Bunny did. 

Favorite Music Video” “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)”, again, as long as Taylor Swift is up there I am not going to be a fan of it. Especially not with this song, this song is deplorable. 

My favorite Pop Male Artist: Harry Styles, I love Harry and believe in this category, no one can beat him. He has been relevant for so long and there will never be a day when he is not relevant at this rate. 

Favorite Pop Female Artist: Taylor Swift, of course, won even though she is so mid. I think people who listen to Taylor Swift can’t suck dick, to be honest, that’s why people vote for her because they don’t have the bad bitch mentality of those who know Lizzo should've won. 

Favorite Pop Duo or Group: BTS, I am not a K-Pop person, to be honest, but K-Pop fans are next level and there would have been some form of revolution if they had not won so I am glad they did.

Favorite Pop Album: Red (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift, this comes as no shock whatsoever. Again, another Taylor dub over mediocre music when every other album that was nominated was better.

Favorite Pop Song: “As It Was” By Harry Styles, I will always support Harry so this song winning I am happy with but off every song on this album, it isn’t my favorite but from a statistical sense I get it.

Favorite Male Country Artist: Morgan Wallen, I love Morgan Wallen so I am incredibly happy that he won this award. I would have also been okay if Luke Combs had won this award if it couldn’t have been Morgan.

Favorite Female Country Artist: Taylor Swift, I am not writing my feelings about Taylor again, but in all honestly, why is she still in the country category? I thought we were past that Taylor era. 

Favorite Country Duo or Group: Dan + Shay, I honestly like them a lot. If I am in public and I hear Tequila, I will bust the fuck down, especially if it’s the remix with Heads Will Roll and Work, that gets me lit. 

Favorite Country Album: “Red (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift, again I do not believe at this point she was considered country, but the other albums that were nominated in this category I didn’t like either.

Favorite Country Song: “Wasted On You” by Morgan Wallen, this song is absolutely a banger, I bump this song all the time, I believe that it deserved to receive this award and I am so proud of my bae. 

Favorite Male Hip-Hop Artist: Kendrick Lamar, I am so glad to see Kendrick getting the respect that he deserves in the opinion of award shows, he is truly a genius and deserves this award.

Favorite Female Hip-Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj, I am honestly not mad that Nicki received this award, she is the queen of rap and there will never be a day when she isn’t, but every woman in this category is just as deserving to win.

Favorite Hip-Hop Album: “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers by Kendrick Lamar, again there is no one as deserving as Kendrick to receive this award, he is a genius and to see that he is receiving the respect he deserves is incredible. 

Favorite Hip-Hop Song: “Wait For U” - by Future ft. Drake and Tems, I love Future and Drake, I really don’t know Tems, but this song deserved some recognition again, this isn’t the best song from the album, just the most popular.

Favorite Male R&B Artist: Chris Brown, no one deserves this award as Chris Brown does, he is such a brilliant artist, not in just a music sense, but is overall so talented in performance so I am glad he won. 

Favorite Female R&B Artist: Beyonce, Beyonce will always deserve any award that she is nominated for in my opinion, she is so incredibly talented so I’m so glad that she won this award. SZA I would have been happy with as well.

Favorite R&B Album: “Renaissance” by Beyonce, again, any win for Beyonce I love. So this is an award I find to be completely deserving. But, Summer Walker’s album was really good and that would’ve been fine by me as well.

Favorite R&B Song: “Break My Soul” by Beyonce, so Beyonce swept this category, and I am not mad about it whatsoever. She is the queen and it will always stay that way. I love that she won so many awards.

Favorite Male Latin Artist: Bad Bunny, I love Bad Bunny so much so I am so happy for him, but I also believe that Farruko was just as deserving of receiving this award just because “Pepas” is such a banger. 

Favorite Female Latin Artist: Anitta, compared to the other female artists nominated for this award, is the one I listen to the least, but I just have never really explored her music. What I have listened to though, I have enjoyed. 

Favorite Latin Duo Or Group: Yahritza Y Su Escenia, to be honest, I am probably a little biased with this category, because they were the only artist I knew from this category but I am glad they won for that reason. 

Favorite Latin Album: “Un Verano Sin Ti” by Bad Bunny, as an avid lover of Bad Bunny, I am so glad he won this award. He deserves it. But, Jose by J Balvin was just as good of an album, to be honest. 

Favorite Latin Song: “Dos Orguitas” by Sebastian Yatra, I do enjoy this song but if I am going, to be honest, I am shocked that Bad Bunny’s song didn’t win this category. But, diversity within a genre is good to see.

Favorite Rock Artist: Machine Gun Kelly, the internet hates Machine Gun Kelly, but I am so glad he won. I love this man with my entire soul and I am glad to see that even with a change in the music genre for him that he is receiving positive recognition. 

Favorite Rock Song: “Beggin” by Maneskin, I like this song so I am glad that it won this award. I also do not believe that any other song in this category deserves to win so this is the best of the worst.

Favorite Rock Album: “Impera” by Ghost, I enjoy this album and listen to it all the time and so I am glad it received the award. I think the only other album deserving would’ve been “Mainstream Sellout” 

Favorite Inspirational Artist: For King & Country, I do not listen to anyone in this category therefore I can not truly give an opinion on this genre but I am considering exploring it so I can give a real opinion.

Favorite Gospel Artist: Tamela Mann, similar to Favorite Inspirational Artist, I do not listen to anyone that was nominated for this award, but I will as well give Tamela a listen so I can familiarize myself with this genre.

Favorite Dance/Electronic Artist: Mashmello, Marshmello never misses in my opinion so I am completely okay that he won this award. I would have honestly been happy with anyone who was nominated to receive this award. 

Favorite Soundtrack: “Elvis”, I am obsessed with this soundtrack, and is one of the few movie soundtracks I have ever chosen to listen to. This soundtrack was deserving of this award.

Favorite Afrobeats Artist: Wizkid, other than Tems, who I only know from the Future song, with this genre, Wizkid is the only other artist I am incredibly familiar with so I am glad that he received this award.

Favorite K-Pop Artist: BTS, I do believe that when it comes to K-Pop, other than maybe BLACKPINK, BTS is the artist that people know the best when considering K-Pop so I believe their win was deserving. 

What was your opinion of the 2023 AMAs?


Comments