Pop Culture in February 2023

  I honestly do not know if half of these are even considered to be scandals. But, this is just me talking about what happened last month and giving my opinion, this series is going longer than I expected but that is probably for the best because I have not been posting nearly as much as I wanted to. 

  1. Viola Davis wins a Grammy: This qualifies her for EGOT. She is one of the most talented people so I am very proud of her. She is incredible and I love her. This is an exciting moment. 

  2. Beyonce breaks the record for most Grammy wins: Again, this makes me so happy because I am a huge fan of Beyonce, so to see her acknowledged for all the work that she is doing makes me so happy that she is being appreciated in the way that she deserves to be. 

  3. Kim Petras is the first trans woman to win a Grammy: It is one thing that makes me happy that a trans woman is being recognized for her talent, but especially that it is Kim Petras specifically makes me even happier, I adore Kim Petras. 

  4. Harry Styles wins album of the year: I know a lot of people feel so type of way that Harry won over artists like Kendrick Lamar, but the overall impact that Harry Styles has had on this generation is like no other, and numbers do not lie, this album dominated 2022. 

  5. Playboi Carti is arrested for choking his pregnant girlfriend: This makes me disappointed because Playboi Carti is such a high-profile rapper, but I can not stand behind someone who chokes their pregnant girlfriend, now we are seeing why his fans behave in the manner that they do. 

  6. The Chinese Spy Balloon: I do not exactly know how I am supposed to feel about this. I am going to sound dumb with the statement that I am about to write, but I could not care less, this is so low on my list of worries for the moment. 

  7. Barney makes a comeback: This on the other hand, is something that I do care a lot about, I love Barney more than life, it was literally my favorite TV show as a child, and since this one will be animated, it will probably be a lot less creepy than Banrey initially was which is even better. 

  8. Pharrell is announced as the new creative director for menswear for Louis Vuitton: One thing I think we often forget about is how truly talented Pharrell is. He is not only such a talented singer, rapper, and producer, but when it comes to the world of fashion, Pharrell is so well known, but because his resume is so huge when it comes to everything else, I think fashion is one aspect of him that often gets overlooked. 

Rhianna’s halftime show: Now, I have heard a million different kinds of reviews when people discuss Rhianna’s halftime show, but in my honest opinion, it was fire and Rhianna gave us everything that we wanted, but because the world needs something to complain about, of course, her halftime show was bashed. I was happy with it, more Rhianna less football next time.

Comments