Valero Alamo Bowl

  The Valero Alamo Bowl takes place at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The two teams that played this year were Washington and Texas. My pick for the win went to Texas because for some reason I feel a sense of loyalty to them. 

Washington’s Peyton Henry came out by getting a field goal which Texas responded with a field goal on behalf of Bert Auburn. Then Wayne Taulapapa got a touchdown on behalf of Washington. A sad first quarter for me.

The second quarter was a little dry. Peyton Henry got his second field goal on behalf of Washington. The Huskies are playing a lot better than I expected them to, but I should’ve known rooting for Texas would be like sleeping with a frat guy, consistently disappointing.

The third quarter started with Texas’s Jonathan Brooks getting a touchdown to which Washington responded with a touchdown on behalf of Taj Davis. Yes, I have accepted I picked the wrong team for this team.

Washington came out strong with a touchdown on behalf of Jalen McMillan and Texas responded with Jonathan Brooks getting his second touchdown of the game and Bert Auburn getting a field goal, but this was not enough for them to win.

BOWL COUNT: 17/28


Comments