SUEDE BOOTS?

 Are Suede Boots the new thing? As we finish fall up and enter winter, they are one of the biggest trends that I am seeing on Instagram and TikTok. In this article, I will be informing you how the professionals feel about this trend as well as giving my personal opinion. I have studied fashion for a long time and have even studied it here some in college so I only find it fitting to add my own sector discussing different trends as the appear. The concept of adding a fashion column to my blog is incredibly exciting to me because this is something that I am incredibly passionate about. 

In an article by Cosmopolitan Magazine, they not only list some of the suede boots and how to take care of them, they think are a necessity for this season stating “Basically, suede boots make a great investment that you can wear season after season when you know how to keep them in good shape.”. A magazine like Cosmopolitan, who is attributed as one of the top fashion magazines telling you to get the shoes means they are obviously a necessity. Also, they give a huge range of potential suede boots and their article so I believe if you are considering buying some, going through them as a jumpstart to your shopping is the best idea! 

Harper’s Bazaar even goes on to talking about suede boots being on their best boots list and giving the example of one’s that Alicia Keys wore saying “‘I do remember Alicia Keys wearing the Kate boots in ivory to celebrate her birthday during the day, and at night she swiped it for the same boots but in black suede. So iconic!’”. If Alicia Keys is wearing the boots, obviously that gives them credit like no other, but also, if Harper’s Bazaar is calling them a necessity, then I guarantee for you, they are. So, after at least these two articles, I think it is safe to say that these boots are a must. 

Footwear News wrote about Queen Consort Camilla in her suede boots saying “When it came to footwear, Camilla slipped on a pair of black suede boots. Her close-toed set featured tall uppers — appearing to either be a knee-high or over-the-knee silhouette — with a stretchy texture, allowing for greater movement throughout the day. Block heels totaling at least 2 inches in height finished the set, providing it with a practical height boost that was ideal for navigating the outdoor terrain.”. Having someone of not only such high power but also demonstrating the trend of suede boots just furthers the point that they are a necessity for winter this season. 

It is safe to say that Suede Boots are the new thing. As we finish fall up and enter winter, they are one of the biggest trends. They have also been all over my Instagram and TikTok. As I have discussed in this article, the professionals (including Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Footwear News) have a lot to say about this trend and it appears they are in fact huge fans! And after reading the following articles, I have to say that I as well am absolutely obsessed with this trend and am so ready for it.


Comments